Due to my December/holiday writing break, I haven’t shared the general link fest for a couple months. As a result, this is a heavy one!
One trend I’m noticing is that I’m finding more and more value in stories from the New York Times. I don’t know if that’s due to better content, a changing of my own tastes, or just Baader-Meinhof phenomenon, but it’s encouraging to see some journalism living on.
January feels like a blur — hard to believe the month is past already. But, there are a lot of exciting things in the works on my side that I’m excited to share with you.
As a reminder, I love hearing from you. What is important to you in 2018? Respond to this email and let me know.
Thanks for reading, and enjoy some of the good stuff below.
- Advice to a Young Man by GaryVee (22 mins)
- Hacking money, travel, and points with Chris Hutchins (Kevin Rose)
- The man who taught me how to invest (Tim Ferriss)
- Interview with Tim Urban of Wait But Why (Kevin Rose)
- The Services Problem (TropicalMBA)
- Terry Crews: How to have, do, and be all you want (Tim Ferriss)
- Have you tried to make yourself a more interesting person? (Austin Kleon)
- Coinbase: The heart of the Bitcoin frenzy (NYT)
- 95 Crypto Theses for 2018 (Medium)
- Everyone Is Getting Hilariously Rich and You’re Not (NYT)
- Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program (NYT)
- Don of the Dirtbags: An Interview with Yvon Chouinard (Founder of Patagonia)
- Trump has given North Korea “the greatest gift ever” (Vox)
- Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JPMorgan Team Up to Try to Disrupt Health Care (NYT)
- Angel by Jason Calacanis
- Captivate by Vanessa Van Edwards
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Chris Voss